Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)
- Everything is funny as long as it happens to somebody else.
- I tell you folks, all politics is applesauce.
- Rumour travels faster, but it don't stay put as long as truth.
- The income tax has made more liars out of the American people than golf has.
- All I know is just what I read in the papers.
- Politicians, after all, are not over a year behind public opinion.
- You can't say civilization don't advanceâ€¦ in every war they kill you in a new way.
- The fellow that can only see a week ahead is always the popular fellow, for he is looking with the crowd. But the one that can see years ahead, he has a telescope but he can't make anybody believe that he has it.